GUEST BLOGGER AGREEMENT
THIS GUEST BLOGGER AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) entered into YOU (the “Guest Blogger” or “You” or “Your”) AND A Self Guru (the “Site Owner” or “We” or “Us”).
Throughout the course of this Agreement, the Guest Blogger and the Site Owner may each be referred to as a (“Party” or collectively as the “Parties”).
WHEREAS, the Guest Blogger wishes to submit a guest post for publication on the Site Owner’s website without any compensation and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the Site Owner’s website and Site Owner’s guest post submission requirements. Guest Blogger can submit one or more guest posts to the Site Owner and both Parties agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement for all subsequent guest post submissions.
NOW THEREFORE, in order to effect the foregoing, the Guest Blogger and the Site Owner wish to enter into an independent contractor agreement upon the terms and subject to the conditions set forth below. Accordingly, in consideration of the premises and the respective covenants and agreements of the parties set forth herein, and intending to be legally bound hereby, the parties hereto agree as follows:
GUEST POST TOPICS
All Guest Posts must be about one of the topics listed at https://aselfguru.com/guest-posts/
Site Owner may accept guest posts on topics other than those listed above. If you have ideas for a topic that isn’t listed above, please submit them to the Site Owner for review and approval by following the guest post pitch requirements on the above page.
GUEST POST PITCH REQUIREMENTS
In order to be considered for publication, guest bloggers must follow the guest post pitch requirements listed at https://aselfguru.com/guest-posts/.
GUEST POST SUBMISSION REQUIREMENT
Once the Site Owner approves the guest post pitch, Guest Blogger will then submit the guest post for review. By submitting a guest post for review, the Guest Blogger agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of the Site Owner’s website www.aselfguru.com and the following guest post submission requirements:
1. Guest posts must be your original work, which means you wrote them, and they CANNOT appear elsewhere in physical or digital form. Guest posts CANNOT BE POSTED ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET, INCLUDING ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Please properly cite your sources when quoting others. Any and all content in the guest post, including images and videos, must not violate copyright laws.
2. Any images or videos submitted with the guest post must be directly relevant to the guest post content, and the Guest Blogger must own or have the legal rights to use all images and videos. Guest Bloggers must be the copyright owner of the images and/or videos they submit, or those images and/or videos must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or be in the public domain. Guest Bloggers must submit written releases from the people who appear in the images and/or videos they submit to us, demonstrating that they gave written permission to be included in them. Guest posts must not infringe on the privacy of others. The total length of the video must be between 1 and 5 minutes at most. In its sole discretion, the Site Owner may reject any evidence as insufficient or inadequate.
3. Guest Blogger represents and warrants that all content provided for the guest post is his or her sole property and does not infringe on any person’s or entity’s copyright, patent, trademark, right of privacy, or publicity.
4. Guest Posts must be 1500 words or more.
5. Guest posts must be of high quality and must be lawful, non-threatening, not hateful, profane, vulgar, abusive, or otherwise objectionable to anyone.
6. No affiliate links are allowed in the Guest Post except for Site Owner’s affiliate links for the products and/or services they promote including affiliate links for your products and/or services. All links are subject to Site Owner’s approval.
7. Guest Bloggers are permitted to include ONE link to their website, including social media platforms. All links to your website must be directly related to the topic of the guest post. Always open your links in a new tab.
8. Guest Blogger must ensure that all statements in the guest post asserted as facts must be true and factual correct based on reasonable research for accuracy.
9. Guest posts must be error-free and proofread thoroughly before submission.
10. Guest posts, including post titles and meta description, must be SEO-optimized.
11. Guest Bloggers will be given credit for writing the guest post but will not be compensated. To receive credit for writing the guest post, the guest blogger must include a photo and a brief bio statement with it.
12. Guest Bloggers must submit their guest post via Google docs shared with [email protected]
13. Guest Blogger agrees to respond to comments on the guest post and promote the article on their website and social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others, once the guest post is published.
14. Guest Blogger agrees that once the guest post is published, it will become the sole property of the Site Owner.
14. The Guest Blogger waives his or her right to inspect or approve the final guest post or its promotion. As needed, the Site Owner may contact the Guest Blogger to make substantive changes to the post.
15. Site Owner reserves the exclusive right, in his or her sole discretion, to refuse publication, edit your guest post as needed, remove any or all content from your guest post, or reject it for failing to meet our guest post requirements without notifying you.
OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Guest Blogger grants the Site Owner a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, and fully sub-licensable right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, use, perform, make derivative works of, or otherwise use the guest post submission, Guest Blogger’s name, bio statement, and likeness in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed as part of its business marketing and promotions.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR STATUS
In submitting the guest post hereunder for the Site Owner, the Guest Blogger shall be an independent contractor. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to constitute the parties hereto as partners or joint venturers, or either as an agent of the other. The Guest Blogger shall not be considered as having an employee status and shall not be entitled to participate in any employee plans, arrangements or distributions by the Site Owner. The Guest Blogger shall not provide any services under the Site Owner’s name or act as an agent of the Site Owner and shall not hold himself out as an employee of the Site Owner. Under no circumstances shall the Guest Blogger (i) enter into any agreements on behalf of the Site Owner, (ii) incur any obligations on behalf of the Site Owner, (iii) act for or to bind the Site Owner in any way, (iv) sign the name of the Site Owner, (v) represent that the Site Owner is in any way responsible for the acts or omissions of the Guest Blogger (vi) refer to the Site Owner as a customer in any manner or format, or (vii) use Site Owner’s logo or name in a way that implies that Site Owner and Guest Blogger are partners or that we have endorsed you, your website or your products and/or services. Any use of Site Owner’s trademarks or logos requires express written permission.
The Guest Blogger agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Site Owner and its employees from any and all damages, claims, liabilities, losses, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from any act or omission of the Guest Blogger in writing the guest post or any breach of any provision of this Agreement by the Guest Blogger.
Neither Party will be deemed to have waived any of its rights, power or remedies hereunder except in writing signed by the Party. Waiver by either Party of a breach or violation of any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent or other breach or violation.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
Both Parties represent and warrant that they have the full power, authority, and right to execute, deliver, and perform the terms of this Agreement. There are no other consents required to enter into or perform this Agreement.
The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be construed under and governed by (both as to validity and performance) and enforced in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Florida, United States applicable to agreements made and to be performed wholly within such jurisdiction, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law or where the parties are located at the time a dispute arises.
MEDIATION AND ARBITRATION
Any dispute between the Parties under this Agreement shall be first submitted to mediation and then if still unresolved to binding arbitration. Said mediation or binding arbitration shall comply with and be governed by the provisions of the laws of the State of Florida, United States unless the Parties stipulate otherwise.
The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and the invalidity of any provision shall not affect the validity of any other provision. Any invalid or unenforceable provision shall not be deleted but shall be reformed and construed in a manner to enable it to be enforced to the extent compatible with applicable law.
Captions have been inserted solely for the convenience of reference and in no way define, limit or describe the scope or substance of any provisions of this Agreement.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT; MODIFICATIONS
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with regard to the subject matter hereof, superseding all prior understandings and agreements between such parties, whether written or oral, with respect to such subject matter. The Site Owner reserves the right to amend guest post requirements in it sole discretion without further notice to the Guest Blogger.
This Agreement may be accepted electronically by both parties or executed in two (2) or more counterparts, including by tele-copier, tele-facsimile, or electronic means, such as by encrypted digital signature, by electronic mail transmission of a portable document format (PDF) scan of the original document or a copy thereof; and when so executed, will have the same force and effect as though executed in two (2) or more counterparts. Emails and signature copies can be used in place of originals.
By submitting a guest post pitch to the Site Owner, you agree that you have read all of the guest post requirements and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.